A versatile solution with minimal disruption
for floors, benches, staircases and walls
Micro-topping is a flooring method whereby a thin layer of cement is layered over an existing floor – whether it’s wood, ceramic or concrete. As such, it allows for the rejuvenation of a space without the need to remove the existing base.
It is quick to apply and results in a smooth and continuous surface, suited to anything from a domestic or hospitality environment to office and commercial spaces. As well as being used for standard flooring, it can also be applied to walls, benches and staircases to achieve a sophisticated, streamlined end-result.
The micro-topping solution is also highly adaptable; it can be applied in a vast range of colours, and is also able to be manipulated to achieve a glossy, matt, textured or mottled finish.
Keep your existing floor, change the look
Previously, worn and damaged concrete floors and surfaces would need to be completely replaced, however now micro-topping can be used to rejuvenate concrete floors and make them appear as new. This serves as both a more cost-effective and efficient option for freshening up concrete surfaces.
The resurfacing process involves first preparing the existing concrete by cleaning with a special solution, filling any significant gaps and cracks and then layering with a new, thin layer of cement-based material that is mixed with a bonding agent to achieve a desired end-result.
The benefits of Microtopping
- Micro-topping can be applied to achieve a polished concrete look without the need to install a full concrete floor. As such, it is both cost-effective and can be easily manipulated to suit a particular environment.
- Micro-topping can be applied thinly (roughly 2-3 millimetres). As such, it allows for the transformation of a given environment without heavily impacting on the spatial dimensions or height restrictions of a space.
- Unlike when laying a fully concrete floor, micro-topping does not need to be pumped into a space. It is therefore more cost-effective and can easily be applied in small spaces.
- Micro-topping can be applied to horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Micro-topping does not shrink after it’s applied, and is therefore not susceptible to cracking.
- Micro-topping is water-proof and durable, making it a good option for bathrooms (including showers, basins and vanities), kitchen benches and exterior spaces.
- Micro-topping is easy to clean and maintain.
Want to know more?
Whether you know exactly what you want or need some help choosing
the right solution for you, we can help.